Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Status: Permanent position
Salary: Competitive rate
Start Date: January 2019
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Head of Classics to lead the department and deliver Latin to pupils aged 9 - 13. Working within a dynamic and supportive environment the successful candidate will have the ability to inspire our pupils with the love of Latin and motivate learning in a stimulating and effective way.
You will be a self-motivated, innovative and outward-looking teacher with a desire to create exciting lessons to deliver the Latin curriculum, whilst playing a leading role in departmental development projects.
The ability to teach additional subjects for example French, Games or other subjects can be offered as an option within the timetable (see below). The ability to teach Greek as an extra-curricular subject would be welcomed.
The position is available with the following flexibility:
• Full time position: Teaching Latin and other subjects
• Part time position: Teaching Latin and one other subject
• Part time position: Teaching Latin only
A willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities will be advantageous.
All candidates are required to submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Supporting statement: Please give your reasons for applying for this post and say why you believe you are suitable for the position. Describe any experience and skills you have gained in other jobs or similar environments which demonstrate your ability and aptitude to undertake the duties of the post (handwritten preferred).
Completed forms can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by post and marked for the attention of the HR Department.
Application deadline: Friday 15th June 2018 at 9am
Interviews to be held: w/c 18th June 2018
All prospective candidates should familiarise themselves with the following documents prior to making an application:
- Job Description
- Application Form
- Safeguarding Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) September 2016
- Recruitment & Selection Policy
- Staff Privacy Notice
If you have any questions you may contact
Phone: 020 8783 3556
The School reserves the right to interview and appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).