All personal information stored by Twickenham Preparatory School is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
The security of your data matters to us. Please ensure that our records are accurate and up to date by reporting any changes via the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please read the following carefully; it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The school is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We adhere to the data protection principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 which in summary state that personal data shall
- be processed fairly and lawfully
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with the purpose
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose
- be accurate and up-to-date
- not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- be kept safe from unauthorised processing, and accidental loss, damage or destruction
- not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data, except in specified circumstances.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Twickenham Preparatory School. Further details of the personal data we hold, and how it is used, can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk under our registration number Z5764948.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data; and
- When you access a password protected area of our website. This includes accessing the parent’s area.
- We do not store credit or debit card details
- We may share customer details with approved third parties covered by the Act
Data security and where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at, and processed at a destination outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is stored and treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. You must not share that password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on our website.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
By visiting our website twickenhamprep.co.uk (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement and related ones.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy statements and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these statements. Please check these statements before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding our website policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org