Year 3 Class Teacher & Head of Religious Studies
Start Date: September 2021 or January 2022
Status: Permanent Contract
Hours: Part-time (0.6)
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and experienced part-time Year 3 Class Teacher with the additional responsibility for leading Religious Studies (RS) across the School, from September 2021 or January 2022. Year 3 subject knowledge and experience required in Maths, English, Geography and History. Responsible for teaching RS to our pupils from Year 4 to Year 8 and for overseeing the teaching and learning of RS in Year 3 and the Pre-Prep Department.
The successful candidate will be an experienced class teacher, highly motivated and innovative with a broad range of subject knowledge. Working within an effective and supportive team the successful candidate will have the ability to inspire our pupils and motivate learning in a galvanising and effective way.
A willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities will be advantageous.
The position is offered on a part-time permanent basis, 0.6 full-time equivalent over 3 days per week.
Year 3 Department
Year 3 Class Teachers are responsible for a dedicated Year 3 class, undertaking form tutor responsibilities and teaching across a range of core subjects.
Religious Studies Department
The Religious Studies Department at TPS is dynamic and successful with an overarching aim to ensure that each pupil achieves his/her potential and develops a profound understanding of religious, moral and spiritual concepts.
We strive to provide fun, inspiring and challenging lessons, in which all our pupils can develop a better understanding the world and a love of exploring theology and beliefs. The School seeks to deepen the pupils’ understanding of the Christian faith in line with our ethos and, at the same time, an open-minded approach is encouraged through the exploration of a variety of religious traditions including Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism. The children are encouraged to express both their own ideas openly and relate the views of others in a sensitive manner.
All applicants are required to submit the following:
- - Completed application form Application Form
- - Completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional)
- - Covering letter which sets out your interest in the role and encapsulates the aspects of your experience relevant to the required criteria.
For further information regarding the position see below:
The school reserves the right to interview and appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st June 2021 (9am)
Interviews to be held on: Week commencing 28th June 2021
Applications to be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Twickenham Preparatory School
43 High Street
TPS is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion within the School and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We aim to create an environment where staff and pupils can flourish and be supported to work at their best. We understand the value that diversity and inclusion can bring and we aim to be truly representative of all sections of society and the communities that we support.